Shakshuka is a traditional middle-eastern dish, easy to make and can be eaten during any time of the day!
4 x Eggs
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 x red pepper, chopped
1 x white onion, chopped (I used frozen pre-chopped as I was having a lazy day!)
2 x garlic gloves, chopped
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. chilli powder.
Salt & pepper for seasoning.
Optional: Chopped fresh parsley
1) Sauté the chopped pepper, onions and garlic for 5 minutes in a little olive oil until soft.
2) Sprinkle in the paprika, cumin and chilli powder to the mixture. Stir & simmer for 2 minutes.
3) Add in the chopped tomatoes – simmer for a further 2 minutes.
4) Make 4 x small wells in the mixture and crack and pour an egg into each well.
5) Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook for a further 5 minutes
6) Serve with freshly chopped parsley & enjoy!